Orange Poppyseed Protein Pancakes
Start the morning strong.
Yield: 6 pancakes | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 scoops MUSCLE MILK® GENUINE Protein Powder, Vanilla Crème
- 2 teaspoons poppyseeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Combine flour, MUSCLE MILK® GENUINE Vanilla Crème protein powder, poppyseeds and baking powder in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add orange juice, non-dairy milk, egg and orange zest. Stir until batter has formed.
- Preheat and oil a griddle or non-stick pan. Place 1/4 cup of batter on to pan. Use the back of the measuring cup to spread into a circular shape. Cook until batter starts to bubble, about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes warm with fresh fruit and maple syrup if desired.