Delicious Gluten Free Bread Pudding
Eat freshly baked and warm.
- 7 cups gluten-free sandwich bread, cut into one-inch pieces
- 2 large apples, cored and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Sprinkle of cinnamon or cinnamon sugar, optional
- 6 large eggs (or egg whites)
- 3- 12 ounce bottles of MUSCLE MILK® Organic, vanilla
- Thoroughly grease a large loaf pan. Scatter half the bread cubes evenly over the bottom of the dish. Distribute the apples in a single layer on top of the bread.
- Sprinkle half the brown sugar evenly over the fruit. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon or cinnamon sugar, if desired. Scatter the remaining bread evenly over the top.
- Whisk together the eggs and MUSCLE MILK® Organic Protein Shake in a large bowl until well blended. Slowly put the egg mixture over the top of the bread.
- Set the dish aside for 20 minutes, periodically pushing the bread down lightly with the back of a fork, until the bread has absorbed much of the egg mixture. Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar on top of the bread (and a second sprinkle of cinnamon and cinnamon sugar, if desired). While the bread is soaking, preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Set the baking dish in a larger pan; transfer to the oven, and add enough hot water to the larger pan to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 90 minutes.
- The pudding should be slightly soft in the center and crisp on top. Remove from the oven, and allow it to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!